ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Convert ADIF tyo CABRILLO

Nov 12th 2013, 13:58

ai4fh

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I want to take part in my first contest - Phone sweepstakes this weekend.
I see that my log must be sent in in Cabrillo format.
My Logger 32 will not produce Cabrillo but will produce ADIF.
I see various converters out there for this purpose.
What is the best converter to use to end up with a file that ARRL will like.
Thanks, Wes AI4FH
Mar 7th 2014, 12:50

K1BBB

So, I have to say this whole process seems like a pain. Though, I'm sure there is a good reason why the default format seems to be ADIF for logging programs, and contests require the Cabrillo format, it is certainly problematic.

I've worked in IT for 15 years now, and I'm struggling to figure this out, by doing my own research on the internet. I don't have anyone who regularly contests, available to show me the ropes. I've tried qrz.com and now the ARRL's LoTW, and can't seem to figure out how to get my logs into cabrillo format, so that I can submit my measly 20 contacts from the contest last weekend. I have ADIF files from LoTW, and have tried a number of converters which have all failed thus far. I did have one that converted the file, but would only do 10 total contacts for free.

So my question would be, can LoTW (tQSL) create cabrillo files? If so, what am I missing? I tried looking through the help, and going through the various menus. The closest I came to, was when saving, it said I could upload to LoTW in either ADIF of cabrillo, but never gave me an option for cabrillo. And when saving locally on the computer, I had the same results. It's like it will only do ADIF.

I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, and it's probably quite simple to create a cabrillo file, I have to imagine it would have to be. But, I do have to say, that I've done IT support in various aspects (Help Desk, Desktop Services, In-shop tech, etc..) and typically I'm the one figuring out a program, so that I can teach a client how to use it and I like to think I'm pretty good at that. That said, this has to be one of the more difficult things I've dealt with, and trying to find information has been poor at best. I can't imagine being a retired gentleman, with little PC experience, trying to figure this all out on their own.

Based on what Mike said up there, I'm going to check out N1MM in the mean time. And I guess if that works, cool... but this'll be the 3rd time I'm working a log for the same contacts =(
Mar 9th 2014, 13:35

K1BBB

Well I used N1MM and converted my adif to Cabrillo. I've tried submitting it, but apparently it has a number of errors in it, per the email response back from the robot. Ugh.
Feb 3rd 2015, 02:54

N4RWH

I have used N3FJP's contest software and I love it. It will give you a cabrillo file of the contest and I think it will also give you an ADIF file. I am not sure about that. The only problem with N3FJP's software is that it has logs for most US contests but not too many for other parts of the world if any. It is reasonably priced (in my opinion) and it makes a great cabrillo file for the contests it does cover. My callsign is now NT4Z. KD4CX is one of my old call signs. I apologize for not changing it earlier.
Sep 19th 2020, 22:19

KA7TTY

Use the program TQSL to convert .adi files to .cbr and submit to LoTW.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn