ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

What radio would best let me use HF and these work frequencies?

Jul 5th 2013, 04:06

Bart_KJ6BWB

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I'm looking for a portable radio that would let me use my General class license to a greater extent, and that would also let me communicate on specific work frequencies: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?pageNumToReturn=1&licKey=2968611
Any suggestions?
Jul 5th 2013, 13:27

KB0HAE

There is probably not a portable HF/VHF radio that can be used on these Industrial frequencues. You need to find out what the FCC certifications are for radios to use those frequencies, and what type of license is required for you to transmit on those frequencies.

Amateur Radios are not certified to be used in any other service.
Jul 6th 2013, 02:45

WA0CBW

The VHF frequencies shown on the FCC license you refered to require Part 90 certification. Some Chinese radios have Part 90 certification and can be used on the VHF Ham bands. As KB0HAE said I'm not aware of any HF/VHF radios that have Part 90 certification either. This license shows Base Stations, Repeaters, and Mobiles utilizing itinerant, simplex, and talk-aground operation. I didn't see any control stations licensed (fixed station that talks to a repeater).
Bill

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn