ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

First time DXCC applicant LOTW and Paper

Apr 26th 2012, 18:42

KB5IAV

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have gone through all of my old paper cards and my LOTW contacts and found I am eligible for DXCC. I have 51 countries on LOTW and probably around 60 from paper cards. I need to know where I should start. I've been licensed for 24 years with some periods of inactivity along the way, but now have enough countries confirmed to get DXCC but am having a little trouble figuring out how to do this type of application.

Should I send in or field check the paper cards first, followed by LOTW, or the other way around, or does it matter? Any tips would be appreciated.

Jon, KB5IAV
Apr 27th 2012, 04:03

MM0LBX

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
My logging software DXKeeper allows you to make two different submissions(probably all do) one LoTW and one with cards, I submitted to LoTW first and then filled in the online application for the cards, there's a entry for field checking in which you enter the number of cards to be checked and by whom, LoTW then charged me for the whole submission, cards included.

When you send your cards for field checking you also put the printout of the card submission along with the cards and the application you made online to the field checker.

The above applies for a non US resident of course.

The ARRL then complete your application when they receive the paper application from the field checker.

Hope above helps.

Vy 73,

John MM0LBX

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn