ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

excessive noise problem

Jun 6th, 19:12

rlstolp@yahoo.com

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I have a YAESU FT-891 radio and I am using a AT-100 Pro II Autotuner with and a HY-GAIN AV-640 6 - 40m vertical antenna.

I have a high noise (s5 -9) and I am trying to resolve the problem. My coax is R8u and because of moving the radio several times I am using 3 pieces of coax connected together (50' + 50' + 25'). I am trying to find out if the three connectors could be part of the problem. I am thinking of replacing the coax with a single 150' coax and I would like to know what is the best shielded coax to use. When I check on the internet, everyone says theirs is the best. I am not sure this is my whole problem or if this is a proper way to help reduce it. It would be very helpful if someone that had a similar problem and solved it, could give some advice.

Thanks,
KC6MWW
Jun 14th, 11:18

jmcauliffe

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Follow the procedures here and if the problem persists submit a ticket to our RFI program. https://www.arrl.org/radio-frequency-interference-rfi

John
Digital RF Engineer
ARRL Lab

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn