ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

Anyone know any Grumman Apollo people?

Mar 1st 2019, 07:49

AB2ZI

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
Hey everyone, got this forwarded message from a member this morning:
--------------------Forwarded Message----------------------
July 20th is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 lunar landing. I'm building a Montauk Observatory event around that. I have a Stony Brook prof who'll be giving a presentation about the Apollo missions.

The prof and I simultaneously came up with the idea to see if any engineers or others are still around on Long Island, guys who worked for Grumman, NASA or in some other capacity on the Apollo missions. We'd like to honor them for their efforts and maybe do a panel discussion/roundtable.

The question is: how to find those guys. I thought perhaps there might be a few among the members of GSBARC, which is why I'm writing to you. Is there some way you can ask around or post the club and have them contact me if there's an interest or a lead?

BTW: I'm also doing my best to see if I can arrange a screening of the new Apollo 11 documentary as part of the program.
--------------------End Forwarded Message---------------
If anyone knows someone or can help point them in the right direction please email Donna McCormick at mccormick@scientific-consultants.com

73, Kevin AB2ZI
Mar 1st 2019, 10:22

W1VT

Super Moderator

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Kelly_(aerospace_engineer)
Kelly was the project engineer, engineering manager and deputy program manager for Grumman Aircraft's Apollo Lunar Module (1962–1970). His 2001 book Moon Lander: How We Developed the Apollo Lunar Module documents the process of designing, building and flying the Lunar Module.

His book may have names.

You may be too late as the club's old timer recently passed away.

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn