ARRL

Register Account

Login Help

Forum Home - Rules - Help - Login - Forgot Password
Members can access, post and reply to the forums below. Before you do, please first read the RULES.

KX3 on PSK31 using Signalink & Digipan

Feb 2nd 2014, 19:35

KZ6B

Total Topics: 0
Total Posts: 0
I seem to be having problems consistently being able to transmit on PSK31. I alway have to set the Digipan transmiter configuration for volume & wave to max to get any transmit signal. Even then sometimes while transmitting the KX3 stops transmitting and Digipan locks up. I would appreciate getting information from anyone with the same setup and what settings are used for the KX3's AF and mic gain as well as settings for the signalink. Also, any other KX3 menu settings that I may have missed.

Thanks. Alan KZ6B
Feb 2nd 2014, 21:49

W1VT

Super Moderator

I'd suggest visiting a KX3 user group

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/KX3/info

http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html

Zack Lau W1VT
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer
Feb 3rd 2014, 04:40

KZ6B

Thanks, Zack. I will give that a try but I also thought this forum might produce someone with the same setup.

Alan KZ6B
Feb 28th 2015, 12:47

KC1YC

Hello KC1YC here,

I am new to PSK31. Have an FT-817ND set on full Power. SWR fine into AlexLoop (indoors). Transmits fine with Mike and ssb. SignaLink between rig and computer. Receives fine, On transmit, rig is triggered (transmit led comes on) but power is nil on external meter (normal indication when using Mic).
Feb 28th 2015, 12:48

KC1YC

Oh forgot to mention using fldigi on Linux
Mar 1st 2015, 21:49

W1VT

Super Moderator

Quote by KC1YC
Hello KC1YC here,

I am new to PSK31. Have an FT-817ND set on full Power. SWR fine into AlexLoop (indoors). Transmits fine with Mike and ssb. SignaLink between rig and computer. Receives fine, On transmit, rig is triggered (transmit led comes on) but power is nil on external meter (normal indication when using Mic).

That indicates that you don't have audio on the headphone or speaker output making its way to the radio. You might try listening for it--disconnect your rig temporarily and use a computer speaker or headphones to hear it. A computer typically has more than one volume control window--you may need to hunt around to find the right window.

Once you get that sorted out, the next step is making sure you have the proper connection from the computer headphone output to the mic input of the rig.

Zack Lau
ARRL Senior Lab Engineer

EXPLORE ARRL

Instragram     Facebook     Twitter     YouTube     LinkedIn